Granite Worktops makes the ultimate statement in contemporary design whether in the form of kitchen worktops, an island, breakfast bar or a piece of freestanding furniture; granite worktops can add that finishing touch. Below are some examples of colours we stock of kitchen worktops granite.
Kitchen Worktops Direct is a home granite specialist, providing you with templating and fast installation. Natural granite stone kitchen worktops provide a truly remarkable finish to any contemporary or traditional design. With a wide range of colours and patterns, granite natural stone worktops offer you longevity and durability that very few other materials can compare to. Having spent years accumulating experience, Kitchen Worktops Direct can offer you an exceptional design and installation service, ensuring your bespoke needs are met with out complications.
Why you should choose Granite Worktops for your Home?
Granite Worktops could be ideally suited for your kitchen and bathroom requirements. To help you decide we have prepared some guidelines:
- Granite adds a beauty and elegance to contemporary and traditional decorating schemes with an array of colours, configurations and subtleties.
- There is a granite stone to suit every person, taste, property and decor.
- The natural beauties of granite kitchen worktops complement all types of kitchen cabinet.
- Granite is the most durable material for kitchen worktop use.
- Granite kitchen worktops will last you a lifetime, and make your kitchen look a “million dollars” and be a joy to work with.
- Granite kitchen worktops have a polished surface that will retain its polish and colour for a great many years.
- Maintenance required is regular washing with clean, hot, soapy water to remove surface dirt.
- Spillages such as wines, oils and acidic substances should be wiped clean immediately to prevent the possibility of staining.
- Granite kitchen worktops are highly heat resistant and hot pans can be placed directly on the surface for short periods making it ideal in the kitchen.
- As with any high quality granite worktops, care should be taken against possible scoring of granite worktops with knives or other cutting tools and chopping-boards should always be used.
You are only one phone call away from the kitchen you’ve always wanted. Kitchen Worktops Direct have one of the keenest pricing structures in the market, you’ll be surprised how affordable your new Granite Worktop will be.
Go to our Granite calculator or call 0845 330 7642 for a quote. Here is what you need to get started.
- A sketch or architect’s drawing of your kitchen.
- Covering letter of requirements: Time scale, colour, and sink required.
GRANITE; Definition 1: A very hard natural igneous rock formation of visibly crystalline texture formed essentially of quartz and orthoclase, used for building and monuments. 2: Unyielding firmness or endurance
Kitchen Worktops Direct are pleased to present to you a beautiful range of granite, that will make the perfect worktops for your kitchen. Wonderfully rich in colour, any one of our granite ranges contains charm and a visual story of its origin. From the colourful Rosa Sardo Beta to the strong appeal of Absolute Black, our range of granite kitchen worktops are a tribute to natures’ power and beauty.
It is this range of colours and patterns that make granite such an appealing and unique material to use for granite kitchen worktops. Each piece of home granite is unique, just like you.
Kitchen Worktops Direct offer their customers some of the worlds finest Granite that we can supply to you, anywhere in the mainland of the United Kingdom. It is our goal that our customers receive the finest quality granite and the highest quality customer service
Some Facts About Granite
- Molecular structure renders granite very stable but rigid. It is an extremely inflexible material. Unlike material like Corian, for example, granite will not bend or flex in worktop thickness, therefore making it unsuitable for long span applications. If a longer worktop is required, the darker granites are recommended, as these are generally stronger.
- Baltic Brown, Giallo Veniziano and sometimes other lighter colours, are resin treated at source to fill natural flaws and pot marks.
- Slips (kit form) around sink and hob cutouts are fitted in certain circumstances – if tops are too long and depending upon type and size of cutout etc.
- Granite worktops are sealed prior to dispatch and upon installation. Periodically worktops should be re-sealed to prevent damage occurring. This is especially necessary in high traffic areas.
- Although one of the least absorbent stones, Granite can be stained by grease, wine, coffee, nicotine, fruit juices and even champagne.
- Granite joints are finished with a small ariss to the top edge and silicone sealant is applied to prevent liquid penetration.
- Granite is a much harder and less porous material than marble. It is much less prone to random large veining, flaw lines and pitting.
- The strongest form or structure is a sphere, therefore the full bullnose edge is far less susceptible to damage than a squared off edge.